[webkit-help] Image save and repainting inside webkit
ankit srivastav
2015-03-07 13:02:05 UTC
Hi Max

Thanks for your reply.

But may be you took the question into a different direction. We are trying
to make changes into Webkit code, so that the functionality works for each
and every application/Webpage.

We have to achieve two things:
1) An event {from within the webkit} when the whole Web Page is rendered.
2) To Store images, so that after page gets rendered ,we can repaint them
again after doing some modifications.

The problem is- Is it possible to repaint only the saved images again ?
And if yes is their any way to do that.

TIA..
Benjamin Poulain
2015-03-09 04:54:50 UTC
Please, stop crossposting to webkit-dev.
Post by ankit srivastav
Hi Max
Thanks for your reply.
But may be you took the question into a different direction. We are
trying to make changes into Webkit code, so that the functionality
works for each and every application/Webpage.
1) An event {from within the webkit} when the whole Web Page is rendered.
There is no real concept of "the full page is rendered" in a web engine.
From the engine perspective, once a page has started its execution, it
is live until the page is destroyed.

The closest you will find to a page being "ready" comes from the layout
milestones.
Look LayoutMilestoneFlag in WebCore.
DidFirstPaintAfterSuppressedIncrementalRendering may be the easiest for
what you are trying to do.
Post by ankit srivastav
2) To Store images, so that after page gets rendered ,we can repaint
them again after doing some modifications.
The problem is- Is it possible to repaint only the saved images again ?
And if yes is their any way to do that.
After you replaced the image buffer, use imageChanged().
Post by ankit srivastav
TIA..
ankit srivastav
2016-01-03 05:18:13 UTC
Hi All,

Working on a webkit DRT test case media/video-canvas-drawing-output.html .
Test is getting failed on Win environment with only 1 pixel value
difference.
But is working fine on linux.
Is this test should be added in the skipped list for windows ?
Is their is some difference in clourspace management on win and Linux
environment ?

TIA.
Ankit