[webkit-help] wincairo requirements has no 32bit libs/dlls
Thomas Brodt
2016-10-28 14:19:46 UTC
Hi all,

is there a reason that the actual WinCairoRequirements.zip doesn't
include 32bit libs and dlls, only the 64bit versions? Isn't 32bit
supported any more for wincairo?

Thanks for any hints

Thomas
Thomas Brodt
2016-10-28 21:04:55 UTC
Hi Alex

thanks for your prompt answer, I didn't notice the zip file on github
contains more than the downloaded one by webkit build. In the meanwhile
I built the requirements from the sources and copied them over to the
webkit build.

After some time without WebKit builds, I have set up a new VM to build
with the new cmake environment without cygwin. The WebKit build requires
two libs for WTF as icuin.lib and icuuc.lib, while the
WinCairoRequirements builds them as libicuin.lib and libicuuc.lib. So
ninja stops missing the icuin.lib file. Has this changed?

Shouldn't the requirements dll be updated for that?

Or is something wrong in my settings?

Thomas
We are trying to encourage people to move to 64-bit WebKit. I also
wanted to reduce bandwidth required by cutting the size of the
binaries in half by only distributing the 64-bit binaries. 32-bit
binaries are available at
https://github.com/peavo/WinCairoRequirements and you can compile your
own from source. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
On Oct 28, 2016, at 7:19 AM, Thomas Brodt